U.S. Import of Laurics Oils Down in December 2017

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Oil World figures reveal U.S. import of lauric oils in December totaled 28,600 MT, a sharp drop by 52.5% from 60,200 MT in the same month year-ago, largely on account of steep decline in coconut oil uptake.  Palm kernel oil accounted for 56.3% of the total with 16,100 MT (19,700 MT year-ago), while coconut oil comprised the remaining 43.7% with 12,500 MT (40,500 MT).

Indonesia was top supplier of lauric oil to the U.S. during the month with shipment of 14,300 MT (15,700 MT), the equivalent of 50.0% of total lauric oil import. This consisted of palm kernel oil at 14,200 MT (12,600 MT) and coconut at 100 MT (3,100 MT). The Philippines shared 40.6% or 11,600 MT (36,400 MT) of coconut oil only. Malaysia contributed 2,000 MT (7,000 MT) of which 200 MT (nil) was coconut oil and 1,800 MT (7,000 MT) was palm kernel oil. Purchases from other countries totaled 700 MT (200 MT) of which 600 MT (100 MT) was coconut oil and 100 MT (100 MT) was palm kernel oil. 

January-December 2017 total at 832,400 MT was 3.6% behind from same time last year figure at 864,000 MT. Coconut oil was 434,900 MT (516,200 MT) of which 65.0% or 282,800 MT (299,500 MT) came from the Philippines. Palm kernel oil was 397,500 MT (347,800 MT) of which 76.4% or 303,600 MT (213,200 MT) originated from Indonesia.

Designed and developed by WebFocus Solutions, Inc.