Thursday, October 5, 2017

Data from Oil World show the US imported 49,900 MT of lauric oils in June, down by 18.6% from June year-ago at 62,500 MT. Palm kernel oil accounted for 51.3% of the total with 25,600 MT (27,400 MT year-ago), while coconut oil comprised the remaining 48.7% with 24,300 MT (35,100 MT).

Indonesia was top supplier of lauric oil to the US during the month with shipment of 31,000 MT (23,100 MT) of which 18,900 MT (11,400 MT) was palm kernel oil and 12,100 MT (11,700 MT) was coconut oil, the equivalent of 62.1% of lauric oil total. The Philippines was the second biggest origin, contributing 22.2% at 11,100 MT (19,600 MT) of coconut oil only. Malaysia shared 5.0% at 2,500 MT (17,700 MT) of which 200 MT (1,900 MT) was coconut oil and 2,300 MT (15,800 MT) was palm kernel oil. Deliveries from other countries totaled 5,300 MT (2,100 MT) of which 900 MT (1,900 MT) was coconut oil and 4,400 MT (200 MT) was palm kernel oil. 

The cumulative January-June figure stood at 434,300 MT,  rising by 5.9% from a comparable year-earlier period total at 410,100 MT. Coconut oil uptake was 253,900 MT (231,200 MT) of which 64.9% or 164,700 MT (126,300 MT) came from the Philippines. Palm kernel oil was 180,400 MT (178,900 MT) of which 77.4% or 139,600 MT (96,300 MT) originated from Indonesia. 

Designed and developed by WebFocus Solutions, Inc.