U.S. Import of Lauric Oils Down in November 2018

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Data from Oil World show the U.S. imported 43,900 MT of lauric oils in November, almost half of November year-ago at 91,200 MT (-51.9%) following sharp drops in coconut oil and palm kernel oil uptake respectively by 33.3% and 68.7%.  Coconut oil accounted for 66.0% of the total with 29,000 MT (43,500 MT year-ago), while palm kernel oil comprised the remaining 34.0% with 14,900 MT (47,700 MT). 
The Philippines was top supplier of lauric oil to the U.S. during the month with shipment of 23,500 MT (28,800 MT) of coconut oil, the equivalent of 53.5% of total lauric oil import.  Indonesia contributed 28.2% or 12,400 MT (50,800 MT) of which 4,200 MT (13,800 MT) was coconut oil and 8,200 MT (37,000 MT) was palm kernel oil. Malaysia shared 15.0% or 6,600 MT (4,700 MT) of palm kernel oil. Purchases from other countries totaled 1,400 MT (7,000 MT), of which 1,300 MT (900 MT) was coconut oil and 100 MT (6,100 MT) was palm kernel oil.
The cumulative January-November figure which stood at 758,400 MT was behind by 5.8%  from a comparable year-earlier period total at 804,900 MT. Coconut oil uptake was 440,900 MT (422,400 MT) of which 69.8% or 307,800 MT (271,300 MT) came from the Philippines. Palm kernel oil was 317,500 MT (382,500 MT) of which 75.2% or 238,900 MT (290,500 MT) originated from Indonesia. 

Designed and developed by WebFocus Solutions, Inc.