Thursday, October 26, 2017

Data from Oil World show the U.S. imported 83,300 MT of lauric oils in August, increasing by 6.4% from August year-ago at 78,300 MT.  A bigger part of the total was palm kernel oil at 53.3% or 44,400 MT (30,500 MT year-ago) and the remaining 46.7% or 38,900 MT (47,800 MT) was  coconut oil. 

Indonesia was top supplier of lauric oil to the U.S. during the month with shipment of 47,100 MT (42,200 MT) of which 14,100 MT (20,400 MT) was coconut oil and 33,000 MT (21,800 MT) was palm kernel oil, the equivalent of 56.5% of total lauric oil import.  The Philippines contributed 28.2% at 23,500 MT (25,200 MT) of coconut oil.  Malaysia shared 10.1% or 8,400 MT (9,300 MT), of which 100 MT (800 MT) was coconut oil and 8,300 MT (8,500 MT) was palm kernel oil.  Purchases from other countries totaled 4,400 MT (1,600 MT), of which 1,200 MT (1,400 MT) was coconut oil and 3,200 MT (200 MT) was palm kernel oil. 

The cumulative January-August data stood at 577,700 MT, down by 2.1% from a comparable year-earlier period total at 590,500 MT.  Coconut oil uptake was 317,700 MT (346,000 MT) of which 63.4% or 201,600 MT (183,600 MT) came from the Philippines.  Palm kernel oil was 260,000 MT (244,500 MT) of which 76.7% or 199,400 MT (139,700 MT) came from Indonesia. 

Designed and developed by WebFocus Solutions, Inc.